As an owner of commercial or residential real estate, you need to get the most value out of your investment. To effectively achieve this, an experienced property manager can operate and oversee the building to make sure it is continually running optimally. Property management is also concerned with system processes known as the ‘life cycle’ of all acquired property. It covers acquisition, control, accountability, responsibility, maintenance, utilization and disposition. Overall, there are many reasons to invest in a property management company – here are a few of them.
Better Return on Investment
In many cases, having a strong property manager or management team on your side will increase the value of your property in the long run and help you earn more from your property. A property manager will:
- Always keep your rental property rented
- Strive to meet the expectations of tenants
- Take care of maintenance requests
- Report problems, damages in a timely manner (before they become too expensive to fix)
- Increase the likelihood of your tenants renewing their leases (to create a low turnover rate situation)
- Market your property
- Screen prospective tenants (credit, criminal and eviction checks)
- Get units ready for new tenants
- Take care of billing
Having a property manager take care of these things will help you see a nice return on your property. The consistency a property manager will give to your building and tenants will lower your chance of damages and provide a solid system of operation within your property, increasing its value.
Attract Reputable Tenants
A property manager who knows what it takes to be a quality tenant does the best prospective tenant screenings. Screenings protect your property from abuse, damage and poor treatment that can not only cost you repairs but also cost you your reputation. While you can evict a bad tenant or two – it’s best you avoid it all together. Hiring a property manager will ensure that:
- The people renting your property have good backgrounds
- That rent is paid on time
- That your property is respected
Fewer Legal Problems
It only takes one problem tenant to make a lot of legal problems for a property owner. Property managers have the most up-to-date knowledge of tenant-landlord laws and will make sure your rights are protected.
Property management is simply the smarter way of organizing the care of your property to keep it in good condition for years to come. Contact us at T.R.A.M.S Property Management to see how we can help you make owning and renting out property that much easier.